Κυριακή 8 Ιουλίου 2012

Janis Joplin Me and Bobby Mc Gee



Me and Bobby Mc Gee






Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train 
And Is feeling nearly as faded as my jeans. 
Bobby thumbed a diesel down just before it rained, 
It rode us all the way to New Orleans. 

I pulled my harpoon out of my dirty red bandanna, 
I was playing soft while Bobby sang the blues. 
Windshield wipers slapping time, I was holding Bobbys hand in mine, 
We sang every song that driver knew. 

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose, 
Nothing dont mean nothing honey if it aint free, now now. 
And feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues, 
You know feeling good was good enough for me, 
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee. 

From the Kentucky coal mines to the California sun, 
Hey, Bobby shared the secrets of my soul. 
Through all kinds of weather, through everything that we done, 
Hey Bobby baby kept me from the cold. 

One day up near Salinas, Lord, I let him slip away, 
Hes looking for that home and I hope he finds it, 
But Id trade all of my tomorrows for one single yesterday 
To be holding Bobbys body next to mine. 

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose, 
Nothing, thats all that Bobby left me,
But feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues, 
Hey, feeling good was good enough for me,
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.

1 σχόλιο:

Παγκράτι. είπε...

δεν έγραψες βρε σκατούλη ότι είναι το αγαπημένο μου τραγούδι..